Getting setup and ready for your interactive 360 virtual tour is very important when marketing properties online. Remember that a 360 virtual tour will filter out many home shoppers and unnecessary cleanups so doing a great job on the first pass will certainly pay off in the end.
Virtual Tour Preparedness Suggestions:
- Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery if necessary.
- Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be in good shape.
- Mow the lawn; make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter (toys, bikes, etc.)
- Winter - keep the sidewalks cleared of snow.
- Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves.
- Move excess furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open, and clutter-free (dog crates, tray tables, etc.).
- Replace burnt out light bulbs (the photographer will need light in most rooms).
- Clean off kitchen counters; remove any clutter.
- Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away.
- Empty the garbage can.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away.
- Close toilet lid and empty the garbage.
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces.
- Hang towels neatly from towel bar.
- Check the basics around the house (indoors & out). It takes just a minute to make sure the house is clutter-free and all is in order.
- Turn on as many lights as you can when the photographer arrives.
- Try not to be in the room the photographer is photographing as you may end up in the photo.
The photographer cannot:
- Move furniture
- Clean or dust
- Move garbage
- Pick up/move clutter (toys, dirty dishes, dog toys, etc.)
The home MUST be ready for the photographer when he/she arrives. Upon arrival our photographers can wait no longer than 5 minutes for additional home preparations. If a wait longer than this must happen we will have to move on to our next scheduled appointment and the virtual tour will be rescheduled. If this happens a rescheduling fee of $20.00 will apply.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by phone or e-mail.